Last updated: May 05, 2020
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies in the “What Are Cookies” article.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see You name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Collection and Use of Information.
Third-parties collect and use information about you on or through our Website in the following way:
- Advertisers. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who place ads on our Website, may use their own cookies, Web beacons, and other technology, to collect information about you. We do not control the use of such technology and have no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
- Hyperlinks. Our Website and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to websites owned by third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not operate or control any information, software, products or services, available on these third-party websites. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply any endorsement of the services, products or website, or its sponsoring organization.
- Analytics. As described above, we use third-parties to monitor, analyze and report on the traffic to, from and within our Website and email messages.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
California Residents Rights
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
- You have the right to request that we advise you what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell that belongs to you. Personal Information does not include: (a) Publicly available information from government records; (b) De-identified or aggregated consumer information; (c) Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”); (d) Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FRCA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994 (“DPPA”).
- You may submit a verifiable consumer request to obtain the specific Personal Information we have collected about you either through our California Resident Portal form or you may email us at email@example.com.
- Upon receiving your information, we are required to verify that you are the same consumer with whom we have the information in our systems. To verify your identify, we will require that you fill out the portal form in its entirety which includes your name, address, email address and may include the last four digits of your social security number, your bank account number and other Personal Information we have collected.
- Personal Information has been collected from the following categories of sources:
- a. Information collected directly and indirectly from your activity on our website and your interactions or communications with us. This includes your Personal Information provided by you in connection with obtaining a certain product or service offered by us or one our network providers or advertisers.
- b. Information you provide us when you enter promotions or sweepstakes offered by us or our clients including networks and advertisers.
- c. Information you provide us through telephone and web-based surveys, customer service correspondence, and general feedback.
- d. Information we received directly or indirectly from our clients or their agents in the course of providing services to you and others.
- e. Analytics companies who provide demographic information such as gender, zip code, or any information that is not tied to your Personal Information. In addition, we may receive information about you from other online or offline sources, including third parties from whom we validate consumer self-reported information, and verify information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
- We have disclosed, shared and/or received compensation for our disclosure of Personal Information for the following commercial/business purposes in the preceding 12 months:
- a. To obtain the services or products you have registered for on our Website.
- b. To allow a third-party to market their products or services to you.
- c. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or resolve consumer concerns or request to opt-out of marketing.
- d. To provide you with notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- e. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- f. To improve our website, products and services, and present its contents to you including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- g. To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- h. To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, platforms as well as products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- i. To respond to government or law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- j. To evaluate or conduct a merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets.
- k. As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We have disclosed Personal Information to our Service Providers and the following categories of third parties:
- a. Our affiliated entities.
- b. Data aggregators.
- c. Advertisers.
- d. Ad Networks.
- e. Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services we and/or third parties provide to you.
- We do not collect, distribute, share or sell the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 16.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information.
- You have a right to request the deletion of your Personal Information if we have collected or maintained it in the past 12 months.
- You may submit a verifiable consumer request to delete your information using our California Consumer Portal and fully fill out the request form or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the following:
- a. The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- b. The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- This policy has disclosed our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information and the categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us. If you are requesting a product or service, this is an exemption from this right, and we will process your request. However, you have the right to cease all further sale of your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of these privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. As such, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, or deny you discounts or other benefits; nor will we provide you a different level or quality of goods or services or recommend a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Authorized Agent. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- Contact Us. Contact us for more information or with any questions either through our California Consumer Portal or by email at email@example.com.
- Limitations on Requests. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (a) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or your authorized agent; (b) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to you; (c) We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you; (d) Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Time and Response Format. We make every effort to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons why we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We will provide our response in a manner that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance to you.
- Changes to California Resident Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will enforce the terms of the new policy going forward. You will receive no other notice than an updated posting on this page. Please check back each time you use or visit our Website.
GDPR and CASL Compliance.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to accept clients who are not U.S. Citizens. The CASL and GDPR regulations, in particular, provide certain rights to their citizens which are not the same as the United States. For this reason, we do not accept referrals from any citizen outside the United States. Our services are specifically designed for United States citizens. We have expunged all European Union Member and Canadian Citizens data to the extent we have been made aware of the same. If you are a European Union Member, Canadian or any country outside of the United States citizen, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove and destroy your Personal Information. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.financehelptips.com/